How to Host an Amazing Getting Ready Party

In Advice, Styled Shoot

As wedding vendors, we often see brides getting stressed, nervous, and excited all wrapped in one on the wedding morning. This buzz of mixed emotions that brides experience on the wedding day is what inspired this styled shoot! We believe every bride deserves one last hurrah with her favorite ladies. And no, we’re not talking about the bachelorette party. We’re talking about the getting ready party!

How to Host an Amazing Getting Ready Party the Morning of the Wedding. Maid of Honor and Bridesmaid Duties.

A getting ready party is a fun way for the bride to relax and have fun on her wedding morning. There’s no need to worry about those last minute details. Have a planner or trusted point person take care of that stuff! The bride should be enjoying getting pampered with her bridesmaids and stepping into her wedding gown.

Getting Ready Party Glow

To kick off our styled shoot, our team met at Modehaus Bridal Atelier, a custom wedding gown shop in Minneapolis. After getting GoGlow tans, our bride and bridesmaids put on their matching robes from Oh Sugar Studio. Then our bride and bridesmaids got their hair and makeup done by SM Hair and Makeup.

Getting Ready Party Modehaus Studio
Getting Ready Party Makeup and Hair
Getting Ready Party Makeup and Hair
Getting Ready Party Makeup and Hair
Getting Ready Party Makeup and Hair

Bridesmaid Gifts

While getting ready, our bride gave her bridesmaids some gifts from Minny & Paul. Included was a card, a makeup bag, a candle, and caramels. Since a getting ready party is all about a fun atmosphere, it didn’t take long before the music was turned on. Helping everyone get into a light, silly mood.

Getting Ready Party Minny and Paul Gifts
Getting Ready Party Thanks for Being by my Side
Getting Ready Party Minny and Paul Gifts
Getting Ready Party Minny and Paul Gifts
Getting Ready Party Minny and Paul Gifts

Yummy Treats

There were also plenty of yummy treats like macarons and donuts from Cocoa & Fig and Glam Doll Donuts for the girls to enjoy. Always make sure a getting ready party involves food as no one wants a famished or dehydrated bride! It’s important to make sure that the bride eats and drinks plenty of water in the morning!

Getting Ready Party Donuts
Getting Ready Party Bride and Bridesmaids
Getting Ready Party Donuts
Getting Ready Party Macaroons
Getting Ready Party Bride and Bridesmaids
Getting Ready Party Cheers

The Bride’s Dress

After some refreshments, our beautiful bride adorned her Modehaus gown with her wedding dress designer at her final fitting. Once the dress is on and finishing touches are made, the bride is ready for her big day. From matching robes to delicious treats, our goal is to inspire brides and bridesmaids to start saying yes to a getting ready party!

Getting Ready Party Wedding Dress
Getting Ready Party Wedding Dress
Getting Ready Party Wedding Dress

Let the Bride Unwind

Getting ready on the wedding morning is a fun time for the bride. Maids of Honors, if your bride hasn’t figured out plans to get ready beyond a place and time, take charge. Offer to bring along an Ipod with a Getting Ready Playlist and some goodies. Think mimosas, fruit salad, and pastries for everyone to enjoy during hair and makeup! The bride will be incredibly thankful, and it’s one less thing for her to do!

Getting Ready Party Bride and Bridesmaids

Photographer Jeannine Marie Photography  |  Venue & Dress Designer Modehaus Bridal Atelier  |  Makeup Artist and Hair SM MAKEUP INC |  Gifts Minny and Paul  |  Robes Oh Sugar Studio |  Spray Tan Go Glow  |  Jewelry Britta Kauppila Metalsmith  |  Florist Studio C Floral |  Catering Cocoa and Fig |  Donuts Glam Doll Donuts |  Art Ashley Mary

What do you think of this wedding day Getting Ready Party? Share with us in the comments.

• Diedre Anthony

What a beautiful blog!! This is making me want to get married all over again.

• Jennifer Maune

Beautiful! Perfect way to get an amazing day started. Those treats are so pretty too!

• Hazel

This is a lovely idea. I can imagine, if the Bride has a few fun Bridesmaids who all get on with each other well the morning can easily turn into a getting ready party.
    But, the fun and relaxed atmpusphere may be a bit harder if the bridesmaids don’t know each other or don’t get along as well, in which case the MOH planning little things to help relax the atmpusphere in the morning will definitely benefit the Bride and the the rest of the Bride tribe.

This is why I think it is so important the MOH take charge of it the morning of so that the bride can relax. Hopefully, the bridesmaids know each other. Here in the US there is often a bridal shower so they’ve had to communicate before the big day.

• Stephanie Miller

What a fun experience! Will share this with my daughter who is about to start planning a wedding!

• Maya

What a great idea! This looks so fun and such a great bonding experience. Unfortunately my getting ready was a mad dash to the venue…I arrived 45 minutes late to my own wedding! This version would have been much nicer!

OMGosh. Well, the one person that can be forgiven for being late is the bride! I always build lots of extra time in the morning. A recent wedding of mine had the bridal party getting ready at 7am. I’d rather build in extra hours than risk running late. The ceremony was on time and the reception was 45 minutes ahead of schedule. It helped that the ceremony and reception were in the same space.

• Julie

This looks like so much fun! Gorgeous shots! Very pretty!

• Leigh Suznovich

Oh I love this! I was so caught up in everything that I regret not just sitting down and having more fun with my girls while we got ready. Something I would totally do differently if I could go back.

I was able to hang with my girls in the bridal suite for the cocktail hour. It was so nice to relax and enjoy their company. Something I remember fondly.

• Anchored Mommy

I love this! My sister is getting married soon, so I will definitely come back to this.

• Emma

This looks like so much fun! I was way too anxious and stressed to really think about doing something like this the morning of my wedding.

That’s why it’s best if the MOH plans it. I say share these articles with bridal parties! Heck, if you are a bridesmaid you can do it for your bride 😉

• Lori Riddle

How fun! The matching robes are a nice touch too!

• Megan Rowsey

This looks like the most fun getting ready party I’ve ever seen! Macroons??? Yes please!

• Riffat Rehman

Beautifuly styled and wonderfully photographed! I love girls only parties and styling them!

• Cassie

I love this idea and of course, donuts are always a plus! 🙂

This looks like so much fun! I wish I had thought about these things when I was getting married.

• Lauren

These photos were so beyond stunning

• Rachel

Wow! This looked so fancy. Eveyrthing including the food was so color coordinated. It looked like something out of a movie. I would have never thought to do it that way.

The vendors for this shoot really thought of every last detail! It doesn’t have to be that complicated though. The MOH can help the bride out by getting some bagels, cream cheese, OJ, and bubbly. That’s all you really need to get through wedding day morning.

• Linda

OMG this post brings back all the good memories of my wedding. I love how you put all the details and how elegant it looks. Now I need to make an excuse to throw another similar party. Hmmmm……