This Disney Princess Inspired Wedding Will Add Magic to Your Day

In Advice, Brides Confess!

Most women dream of their wedding day from the time they are little girls. Some want a simple picture perfect day, and others want a true fairytale experience. This bride took that to a whole other level when she transformed herself into a Disney Princess along with her bridesmaids. Read on to find out about the magical details of this DIY wedding day.

Fairytale Wedding Inspiration with a Disney Princess Bridal Party.

Michaela and Daniel’s Love Story

Michaela met her future husband when they were working together at a grocery store. She admits that although it wasn’t very romantic, they did know pretty quickly they were destined for each other. As she tells it:

I was on the phone with my mom when Daniel walked into the back. I told my mom that I was talking to “some guy” at work and that I’d call her later. We ended up talking our entire lunch break and then for hours later on Facebook that evening. We decided to meet each other the next day for coffee after work. Our first official date was that very next day. We sat and talked for hours and after my now husband walked me home, he told me that we either had to stop immediately or get serious right away. Daniel said he was already falling in love with me. I knew that night that I would marry him one day.

Disney Princess Theme

Initially, Michaela and her husband were going to have a “normal” wedding centered around red and white colors. The bridesmaids were going to buy their own dresses, something red and comfy. The game changer came when a friend sent Michaela a link to a Disney themed wedding.

After I read the article, I immediately called my mom and said I really want a Disney wedding. Next, I asked my bridesmaids if they would mind being a Disney Princess. They all loved that idea!

From then on every little aspect became about Disney. The couple’s first dance was to “I See The Light” from Tangled. For centerpieces, each table had individual cakes with a corresponding Disney movie and theme. Since Michaela loves the Little Mermaid, she chose to be Ariel and really went for it with the fiery red hair.

DIY Elements

Every part of the wedding was DIY, including the gorgeous Disney princess inspired bridesmaid dresses. The Maid of Honor’s grandmother even handmade her Belle dress. Michaela’s friend Kate, who had shown her the original Disney wedding article, helped with the magical details. She put together a Beauty and the Beast enchanted rose centerpiece for the head table and made all of the signs. Michaela says Kate single-handedly made their day that much sweeter.

Bridesmaid Ups and Downs

Putting together a bridal party has its ups and downs. Michaela’s was no exception with two bridesmaids having to drop out. One was beyond anyone’s control and they are still extremely close to this day. The second bridesmaid that left had conflicting events that day.

As for the three bridesmaids present on her wedding day, Michaela says she ended up with the most amazing team.

They were always so honest and so helpful. I am truly in debt to them for that. Along the way they helped in whatever way they could and I will always remember that.

Disney princess bridesmaids.

Above and Beyond Bridesmaids

When asked what advice she has for bridesmaids in supporting their bride, Michaela said honesty goes a long way.

What I appreciated the most was having a bridesmaid tell me, “Screw everyone else, this is your day and it’s all about you.” Also having a kick-ass bridesmaid that says, “Ok, we have to pull this corset string as tight as the day is long, so let’s get it there and do it.”

She adds it’s as simple as just being there for the bride.

You obviously know her if you are standing next to her on the most important day of her life. What do you think she needs to stay calm? Sometimes just having someone make me a cup of coffee was enough.

Bride to Bride Advice

For any bride that struggles with body issues, Michaela has this to say:

If you are a plus size bride like me or a bride that has some appearance issues, you will be beautiful. I have always had body confidence issues and yet, I will be the first person to tell you that I looked damn good on my wedding day. Forget the back fat and arm fat you’re worrying over. NO ONE WILL NOTICE. I can’t stress that enough.

She also wants other brides to know not to sweat the small stuff. She says the details you fall in love with now will probably be something you won’t remember after a year of marriage. You might even have wedding drama behind closed doors, but your wedding will be picture perfect. Besides, the most important thing is that you’re marrying the love of your life.

What do you think about Michaela’s wedding day? Share with us in the comments.

• Megan Englund

I LOVE the bridesmaid dresses! So cute! I am a huge Disney fan, in fact I am in the process of becoming a travel agent just for Disney!

How awesome Megan! I actually am a travel agent that specializes in Disney vacations. It is such a fun “job” to help others make magical memories. Send me an email if you have any questions.

• Michaela Schmidt

Thanks so much Megan! The handmade dresses were defiantly the perfect added touch!

• Heather Kinnaird

this would have been such a fun idea for my sister who is a HUGE Disney fan

I really do applaud the dedication Michaela and the bridesmaids put into this! I bet your sister would’ve have a fun time with this theme as well.

so awesome! I love the bride’s superhero hair. and her flowers!

She really went for the Ariel look and nailed it. Those flowers were unlike any I’ve ever seen before.

• Brittany L Bergman

This is so fun! I especially love the bridesmaid dresses!

I love the Princess Aurora dress. So much detailing!

• Nita

This is super cute and so original. There will be no other and I’m sure all those DIY and personal touches made it even more special.

You’re right Nita. It truly is one of a kind, how every wedding should be, focusing on the things the couple loves.

• magen

This is such a cute idea. I love the dresses.

Thanks, Magen. The fact that the dresses are handmade blows my mind!

• Jessica | PetiteStyleScript

This is such a beautiful wedding! Love the Disney theme!

Isn’t it!? I say Disney themes every day!

• Marcie

This is such a fun idea! Not everyone wants a traditional wedding, so this is a very memorable way to celebrate the whimsy of life! And I LOVE her hair color!

It’s so true Marcie. Everyone has different ideas of what their big day will look like and Michaela really went for it!

• Leigh Suznovich

I’m obsessed with Disney, my husband and I go every year. This wedding is amazing!! Absolutely adore the dresses.

I am the same, Leigh! I have been at least once every year since my Disney internship in 2003. This year I made it to WDW three times and I got to go to Tokyo Disneyland to visit my sister who was living there! My next trip is January 2018 🙂

• Ayanna @ 21FlavorsofSplendor

Her wedding was beautiful! All the little touches she created were fabulous.

I love wedding details. I obsess over them more than I should.

• Tanvi Rastogi

I am especially loving the bride’s hair … Everything looks perfect. All the dresses are beautiful.

❥ tanvii.com

I’m obsessed with the pink dress!

• Judy

What a lovely wedding. The bride and her bridesmaids all looked gorgeous. I love how they stuck to the theme with Disney inspired cakes too!

I agree, the cakes were such a fun centerpiece idea.

• Jess

What a fun and playful theme! I love brides that aren’t afraid to stray from tradition! <3 And this wedding did it with flare!

Thanks, Jess. I love getting to feature such fun brides and their awesome weddings.

This looks so much fun! I love her bouquet and her hair!

That rainbow bouquet is just so unique!