How to Rock Your Bridesmaid Duties Guest Post

In Advice, Professionals Confess!

Long gone are the days of minimal commitment. When you say yes to being a bridesmaid, there is usually a task list that comes along with the honor. Sometimes it is given to you upfront, and other times you find out on the fly. Okay, let’s be honest, most of the time it is given to you at random. So how are you supposed to rock your bridesmaid duties if you aren’t even sure what they are?

It’s a valid question. One that many bridesmaids struggle with figuring out. So when fellow blogger and wedding planner Cathy Nugent asked me to answer the question for a guest post, I was more than willing. In fact, I came up with 10 ways you can rock your bridesmaid duties!

10 Things You Must Know to Rock Your Bridesmaid Duties..

A few of the Steps

So what are some of the things you need to know?

• Know Your Commitment
    • Make sure you have a conversation with the bride before you say yes. What is she expecting from you as a bridesmaid? The quickest way to fall short of someone’s standards is to not know what they are in the first place.
  • Be Ready for the Financial Burden
    • The average cost to be a bridesmaid is $1,200. Are you sure that you know all of the expenses involved? It’s good to make a checklist so you can budget accordingly.
  • Prepare for the Bridal Shower
    • Most brides in the US have a bridal shower thrown by their bridesmaids. This is something everyone should help with, and the sooner you start planning the better. I highly recommend starting the planning at least 3 months in advance. Need help? It’s just one click away.
  • Include the MOB and the MOG
    • Make sure you know how close the bride is with her mother (MOB) and the mother-of-the-groom (MOG). If she is making them a big part of the wedding, then the bridesmaids should include them both in bridal shower planning. The last thing you want to do is upset anyone in the family on accident.

Get the Full List

These are just a few of the 10 things you can do to rock your bridesmaid duties. Be sure to check out the full article here:Ā https://cathyscalfnugent.com/2017/10/16/10-things-you-must-know-to-rock-your-bridesmaid-duties-guest-post/Ā  You’ll see the entire list, and I also give more details on the above-mentioned tasks.

What do you think about these tips? Share with us in the comments.

• Jenny

Yes this is perfect! I got married about a year ago and this would’ve been great to share with my girls.

Thanks Jenny! You’ll have to share with any of your girlfriends stepping into the bridesmaid role next.

• Helen Little

How helpful, a couple of my friends will be bridesmaids next summer and I’ll be sure to share this with them.

Thanks, Helen! I hope they have a really great time in their bridesmaid role.

• candy

There is so much more to being a bridesmaid now than when I was married. When asking a friend to be your bridesmaid make sure she has the time and ability to commit to everything.

Oh, Candy, it is so true! It seems like it’s a little overboard, but if you know what is expected it goes so much smoother.

• Jen

I wish I had these tips years ago when I seemed to be a bridesmaid every few months. It’s definitely more of a commitment than I realized it was at the time.

It’s a big commitment Jen, it’s so true. You survived the bridesmaids years. Yay! Haha.

• Steph

Great tips! Have a conversation with the bride about her expectations is #1!!

Thanks, Steph. Open communication is #1 on my list for everything!

• Laurie P

Informative! Great post!

Thank you so much Laurie!

• Angela

I wish I would have read this years ago. Hey helpful!

Glad you found them helpful Angela. You never know, you might have the bridesmaid honor again šŸ™‚

• Rachel

These are great tips. I have to say, I’ve always felt so overwhelmed by the financial burden of being the MOH. It’s like, whatever the bride wants, regardless of others budgets. Kinda bums me out.

Rachel I couldn’t agree more. I’m always so excited to participate and then I have to take a step back and say “budget first!”

What a great list of reminders and tips!

Thanks, Rebecca.

• Sarah Althouse

All great tips! Especially going in knowing there is a financial burden. Takes the stress out later šŸ™‚

Thanks, Sarah. I try to point out anything that will relieve stress!

• Rebecca Hicks

I loved this list! After being both a bride and bridesmaid, I couldn’t agree more with the things that were shared, especially the financial burden. I actually lost a bridesmaid when I was getting married, because she didn’t realize the costs associated with it. But knowing ahead of time really helps!

I was a bride first and then a bridesmaid. I tried to keep costs really low for my bridesmaids, but it was a destination type wedding so it added up quick. I learned that once my sister got married, LOL!

• D at Be you and thrive

Great Great tips on rockin the honorable duties. Thanks!! xo~D

Thanks for the love šŸ™‚