How to Rock Your Bridesmaid Duties Guest Post
Long gone are the days of minimal commitment. When you say yes to being a bridesmaid, there is usually a task list that comes along with the honor. Sometimes it is given to you upfront, and other times you find out on the fly. Okay, let’s be honest, most of the time it is given to you at random. So how are you supposed to rock your bridesmaid duties if you aren’t even sure what they are?
It’s a valid question. One that many bridesmaids struggle with figuring out. So when fellow blogger and wedding planner Cathy Nugent asked me to answer the question for a guest post, I was more than willing. In fact, I came up with 10 ways you can rock your bridesmaid duties!
A few of the Steps
So what are some of the things you need to know?
- Know Your Commitment
- Make sure you have a conversation with the bride before you say yes. What is she expecting from you as a bridesmaid? The quickest way to fall short of someone’s standards is to not know what they are in the first place.
- Be Ready for the Financial Burden
- The average cost to be a bridesmaid is $1,200. Are you sure that you know all of the expenses involved? It’s good to make a checklist so you can budget accordingly.
- Prepare for the Bridal Shower
- Most brides in the US have a bridal shower thrown by their bridesmaids. This is something everyone should help with, and the sooner you start planning the better. I highly recommend starting the planning at least 3 months in advance. Need help? It’s just one click away.
- Include the MOB and the MOG
- Make sure you know how close the bride is with her mother (MOB) and the mother-of-the-groom (MOG). If she is making them a big part of the wedding, then the bridesmaids should include them both in bridal shower planning. The last thing you want to do is upset anyone in the family on accident.
Get the Full List
These are just a few of the 10 things you can do to rock your bridesmaid duties. Be sure to check out the full article here: https://cathyscalfnugent.com/2017/10/16/10-things-you-must-know-to-rock-your-bridesmaid-duties-guest-post/ You’ll see the entire list, and I also give more details on the above-mentioned tasks.
What do you think about these tips? Share with us in the comments.