How to Choose the Best Personalized Gifts

In Trends

It’s so hard to shop for anyone nowadays as it feels like we already have it all. So it’s no surprise that shopping for a wedding gift takes some time and effort. Maybe you’ve checked out the couple’s registry, but you’re looking for something more thoughtful and unique. Or maybe you are in charge of the bridal shower and bachelorette and need the best personalized gifts.

You head online and are completely overwhelmed. In a sea full of Etsy shops, how will you know that the quality of product you’ll get will be the best? Thankfully when I needed personalized gifts for a bachelorette I found the perfect shop. And no, this isn’t an advertisement! I just really want to share the story of a great small business owner I adore.

Personalized gifts your bridal party will love and actually use from the bridal shower or bachelorette party.

About Everything Done To a T

My name is Tara, and I’m the owner of Everything Done To a T. My business is all handmade by me. I’m mostly in the wedding market with items such as wine glasses, bridal party hangers, save the date signs, and canvas hotel bags. I also do a lot of work with bachelorette party items like sunglasses, tumbler cups, and koozies. My mindset is that everything should be personalized and made just for YOU and your event.

Tara owner of Everything Done to a T.

Getting Started

When I got married in 2009 (pre-Pinterest days) I created a lot of the details myself. Afterwards, many of my friends and family asked that I be involved in their wedding planning which then snowballed into a business. It started with invitations and stationary items, and over time has moved into more of the personalized gifts. My Etsy shop opened in March of 2014 and I haven’t looked back since!

Creating Wedding Items

My favorite part about creating items for weddings is that they will be part of such an incredible day for a couple. They may not keep their hangers forever, or toast with the glasses at their 50th anniversary – but the photos and memories will always live on and be cemented to such a life-changing moment.

Best Gifts for Bridesmaids

I find that that the best gifts for a bride to her bridesmaid is something they’ll cherish beyond the wedding day. Jewelry that coordinates specifically with a dress or color isn’t necessarily for that person beyond the big day. It might be worn again, but more than likely it’s got a short lifespan. A personalized wine glass is something that can be used over and over again. Or a keychain made specific to each bridesmaid’s individual style.

Brides should ask themselves, “will each girl still find this useful and memorable 1 year after the wedding?” Or “would I buy this for my friend, regardless of the wedding?” If the answer is no, keep looking!

Personalized tumbler wine glasses for a bridal party. Everything Done To a T.

Best Shower Favors

I think the best shower favors for guests are anything that’s edible!  Not everyone will use a heart-shaped whisk, or want a tiny frame – but something edible that coincides with the theme or season is always a hit.  Consider salt-water taffy for an upcoming beach wedding or fancy caramel apples for a fall wedding.

Bachelorette Party Swag

I am a HUGE “matchy-matchy” fan. I think it’s fun to make a bachelorette party as coordinated as possible. It lets everyone know you are the Bride’s Tribe!

Personalized sunglasses are great for a beach or outdoors event. I also love when a group picks matching shirts for at least part of the weekend or party. It’s one of the first times the bride will see her VIP crew together and 100% focused on having fun!

Gifts for the Couple

I think a unique gift would be a set of champagne flutes, with their name and special date on them.  There’s always so much to celebrate during that first year as a newlywed. It’s nice to have an item that’s reflective of the day their journey truly began. Pair it with a great bottle of bubbly, and it’s sure to be a gift that any couple would love to receive.

Mr and Mrs wine glasses and charms.

Connect with Tara

I want to thank Tara for her amazing insight into the world of personalized gifts. If you are interested in having something custom made you can contact her in the following places:

Etsy Shop   /   Instagram   /   Facebook

What do you think about these tips? Share with us in the comments.

• Tanvi Rastogi

Those are some great personalized gift ideas. I like the personalized glasses. They are perfect for everyone.

❥ tanvii.com

Everyone can use a glass so even better when it has your name on it!

• To a T

Thanks so much! Everyone loves a personal touch 🙂

• Keelie

I love the sunglasses! Though the hotel tote bags are cute too. I agree that having everything matching is a great way to show to the world that you’re all there for that one special bride. Thank you for sharing 🙂

It’s the one time I am all about matching, other than when I go to Disney. 🙂 haha

• To a T

Keelie, I couldn’t agree with you more!

• Hazel

My husband and I have personalised glasses to our 2 Bridesmaids, our 2 Ushers, his Best Man and both of my parents. The Bridesmaids were given personalised wine glasses, the ushers and best man were given personalised pint glasses and we gave my parents personalised tumblers. It’s nice to give a present you know your special people can use.

I agree Hazel and it’s something that they will think of you everytime they use it.

• To a T

My thoughts exactly! Gifts have a special touch when they are made just specifically for that person!

• Francesca

Love her hanger idea! So cute and something that can be used over and over!

I had wire hangers done for my wedding. I actually prefer the ones she makes. The wires are hard to reuse because they get caught on stuff, in my opinion.

• To a T

Yes!! I wish I was making these hangers when I got married!

• Amanda Elize

Those personalized stemless wine glasses are so cute! Love how there is such a variety of gifts to choose from!

She has the best things and is always getting more!

• To a T

Thanks Amanda! I’m working hard to add even more items to my shop as I go 🙂

• Diana

This is such a great list. I really like the wine glasses

Thanks Diana. I agree you can never have too many wine glasses 😉

• To a T

Thanks! They are definitely a favorite of mine as well!

• Jen

These are wonderful ideas! I am out of wedding/bridesmaid mode but I think these ideas would make great teacher gifts!

Oh yes, they would make great teacher gifts!

• Kate

These are such great ideas! I love anything personalized!

Thanks Kate!

• Courtney Byers

These are such good tips on how to choose the gifts. I wish I had seen this when I got married.

I feel the same way Courtney. I wasn’t into personalized stuff then as much as I am now. I still love getting matching t-shirts for bachelorette parties.

• A-

What a great variety of items! And I love that she offers items for everything from the pre-wedding parties to items that can be used on the big day! Thanks for sharing 🙂

That is my favorite thing too! So many options.

• Gabriella

These are so cute!! I’ll definitely have to keep these in mind when I get engaged. But I think they would also make good Christmas gifts 🙂

Yes, they would, and Christmas is coming up soon so perfect timing.

• Home Well Managed

This was so helpful! I now have another good option for buying thoughtful wedding presents!

How sweet of you to say! Glad you enjoyed it.