A Wonderful Wizard of Oz Bridal Shower, Oh My!

In Bridal Shower

Bride-to-be Ashley loves the Wizard of Oz. In fact, some might say she’s a borderline obsessive. When she was a little girl, she was Dorothy almost every year for Halloween. So when she got engaged, it was no surprise that a Wizard of Oz bridal shower was in her future.

A wonderful wizard of oz bridal shower.

The Couple

Paul and I are getting married this October, after being together for twelve years. We met through mutual friends and instantly clicked. One reason for waiting this long to get married is we have been saving up to have our dream wedding. At the moment we have two kitty fur babies, Nugget and Gizmo. There is so much excitement right now as we’re looking forward to sharing our special day with our family and friends.

A Very Involved Bride

When it came to my shower it was no surprise. I am very detail oriented and truth be told was way more involved than I should have been. The shower was held at Elmhurst Country Club overlooking the Pocono mountains on a gorgeous day in July.

I loved how colorful everything was as soon as you walked in. It really felt like I was stepping right into Oz. The personal touches were amazing. From a tin man handing out hearts to ruby slipper cookies, and of course a yellow brick road. I even have my own pair of ruby slippers from the shower that I’m in love with!

Planning the Shower

Bridesmaid Elizabeth confesses that planning began shortly after the engagement. She admits it wasn’t hard to pick a theme knowing how much the bride loves the Wizard of Oz. The bridesmaids, mother-of-the-groom, and mother-of-the-bride met and all came up with ideas for decorations and favors.

Personal Touches

The candy bar decorations were Elizabeth’s project. All the bridesmaids provided candy and she added all the little touches to make it Wizard of Oz festive. The couple’s aunts pitched in baskets and delicious cookies! Everyone was in love with the tin man who greeted guests upon arrival. It was the perfect extra touch.

A family friend was the creative behind the large serving tree, crochet yellow brick road, and fun cookie trays. Some local professionals were also instrumental in setting the tone of the decor. John Mackey Designs took care of the flower arrangements and table linens. Jeff D’angelo’s Design Group was responsible for the hand-painted large character displays.

Jeff D'angelo's Design Group Wizard of Oz Art.

Both Ashley and Elizabeth say the shower was better than they imagined. The decorations helped to make it look amazing. It really transported you to the land of Oz. The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed themselves. What more could you ask for? Especially considering there was a pair of ruby red slippers to click you back home.

What do you think about Ashley’s Wizard of Oz shower theme? Share with us in the comments.

• Michelle

What a wonderful setup! The hand-painted character displays and Tin Man are my favorite.

Yes, they really knocked that out of the park!

• cara

Such a cute idea for a bridal shower! I love the Wizard of Oz too!

I am a fan from back in junior high days when we did it as a play at school. I was a munchkin. LOL

• Jordan

How cute! Shower planning is so fun.

I agree Jordan. I love planning showers!

• Sasha

This is my favorite movie!!! I love this and have never thought of doing a shower themed like Wizard of Oz!!!

I’m glad this served as some inspiration!

• Rebecca Hicks

Wow those decorations are so cool! They really nailed it, and I’m sure the shower was a hit.

It was very well received by the guests. They had a great time.

• LeeAnn

What a creative way to have a bridal shower! Very different from the traditional style and looks like they had a great time!

Most important thing about a bridal shower is a good time!

• Ayanna

This was an amazing theme. I love the personal touches and her shoes.

Her shoes are my favorite!

• jehava

This is just the cutest idea! Love it!

Thanks Jehava!

• Sarah

I am very impressed at the decorations. They are fantastic!

I was blown away but the artist’s ability to create remarkable pieces.

• Corey | The Nostalgia Diaries

Such a cute idea! I’ve been seeing more ‘themed’ bridal showers pop up. Looks like it was a great time.

That’s what I am all about. A well-executed bridal shower theme makes me giddy!

• Jen Morrow

The ruby slipper table legs are so perfect. Every little detail is just darling.

The ruby slipper table legs were my favorite part!