How to Make a Balloon Arch in 9 Easy Steps

In Bridal Shower, DIY, Professionals Confess!

DIY Balloon Arch

Looking for a way to make her bridal shower stand out? DIY it!

Creating your own decor elements is a fun way to customize every detail and maximize your bridal shower budget. And the best part is, you get to create something one-of-a-kind!

Balloon arches are taking the wedding world by storm, and for good reason. From fun photobooth backdrops, to welcoming guests to the celebration, this trendy decoration is here to stay. Good news is it’s easier than you think to create your own. To help dress up your toast to the bride-to-be, ProFlowers put together a video guide and step-by-step tutorial. Let’s get started.

What You Need

• Balloons – Pick out different colors and patterns to make a fun design.
  • Balloon Pump – It will speed up the process and make things a lot easier on you.
  • Fishing Line – This will act as your frame. Make sure to get clear fishing line!
  • Blunt Needle – Using a blunt needle makes it safer, so you won’t prick your finger.
  • Low Temperature Glue Gun – You don’t want it to be too hot, or the balloons will pop.
  • Fresh Flowers and Foliage – Greenery is in style now and will add to the trend.
  • Hooks – Sticky hooks make it easy to move around if you don’t place it right the first time.
  • Scissors – Use scissors to cut any of the clear fishing line away to keep your look clean.
  • Clear Shipping Tape – Have this handy as a back up to your hot glue gun.

Budget & Time Friendly

The best things about this project is it is budget and time friendly. You can buy most of the supplies at your local craft store, and some you might even have on hand. Once you gather everything you need, you should be able to do this project in 1 to 2 hours. As a tip, make sure to give yourself a full 2 hours to be on the safe side.

How to Make a Balloon Arch for a Bridal Shower.
Photo courtesy of ProFlowers.com

Eye Catching Fun

This balloon arch is sure to be an eye catching site at the bridal shower you plan. Hope you enjoyed learning how to achieve this DIY craft.

What do you think about this project? Share with us in the comments.

• Jessica

It sounds so simple and easy. Thank you for such a nice step by step guide for a balloon arch!

You’re welcome. I love helping people party plan.

• Lisa

I always wondered how those were made! I love how your added flowers! Looks pretty!

Thank you so much!

• Ayanna

This looks so cool and not hard at all! I love the extra touch you added with the flowers. I could definitely see myself making one of these myself in the future.

It’s all about having the right supplies.

• Lora Calo

Love this! Planning my sister’s baby shower next month and I may try to do this. Do you just fill the holes with small balloons by hot gluing them in place?

You can use a low heat hot glue gun to make the balloons look more connected. Having the greenery and flowers will help fill in the gaps, but you could also use smaller balloons. Let me know how it goes! I’d loved to see pictures.

• jessica

I didn’t know I needed this until right now

Now that is a compliment! Thank you.

• Babies to Bookworms

This is so cool! There are so many fun ways I can use this!

Absolutely. Any party that you need some fun decor for, it will work!

• Aditi Singh

OOooh that’s a great one. My friend made this and I wondered how she did it. Such a great way to do it .

So cool you got to see one in action. It’s like magic isn’t it?

• Kirsty

Awesome. I’ve been looking for something similar for my sons birthday. Maybe I’ll make one!

If you do, send some pics!